Een van die grootste redes vir die opkoms van die feministiese en gevolglik VIDA agenda, was en is ons mans wat nie hul roeping tot liefdevolle diensbare leierskap omhels en najaag nie. Soos een predikant dit gestel het: die krisis van die VIDA agenda is as gevolg van die krisis in die huidige manlike ampsdraers.
Godsvresende en geroepe mans moet dus opnuut opgeroep en toegerus word om ampsdraers tot eer van God en heil van die gemeentes te wees.
Sien die volgende webblad vir bronne oor toerusting vir ouderlinge, diakens en predikante:
Hier is ‘n paar artikels wat reeds in Afrikaans vertaal is, met erkenning aan die CPRF webblad:
Kerklike Ampte (Church Offices)
- Die eenheid van die Kerk Angus Stewart (“The Unity of the Church”)
- Apostels, Profete en Evangeliste Angus Stewart (“Apostles, Prophets and Evangelists,” Covenant Reformed News, vol. 11, issue 19)
- Die Amp van Herder/Leraar Angus Stewart (“The Office of Pastor/Teacher,” Covenant Reformed News, vol. 11, issue 20)
- Die Vrou in die Amp Ronald Cammenga (“Women in Church Office,” a chapter from Far Above Rubies: Today’s Virtuous Woman)
- Die vrou in die diakenamp Herman Hanko (“Letter to Timothy [on women deacons],” a chapter from Far Above Rubies: Today’s Virtuous Woman)
As daar nog persone is wat kan help om hierdie en ander artikels te vertaal in Afrikaans, kan julle my kontak, dit sal baie waardeer word: email@example.com
U kan ook op die Enigste Troos webblad ‘n groot verskeidenheid bronne kry.
As iemand enige ander aanlyn bronne oor hierdie onderwerp in Afrikaans of Engels kan aanbeveel, stuur asb vir my daardie webblad addresse sodat ek dit hier kan byvoeg. Dankie.
Met erkenning aan die PRCA webblad plaas ek die inligting ook direk hier:
Resources for Officebearers (especially elders and deacons)
- For the Ordination/Installation of officebearers
- Forms for Ordination of Ministers of the Word, Elders, and Deacons (use left side bar to locate these forms under “Liturgical Forms”)
- Formula of Subscription (binding PRC ministers, elders, and deacons to the Reformed Creeds as faithful summaries of the teaching of Scripture)
- Recent PRC Sermons preached on the occasion of ordination/installation of elders and deacons:
- “Moses’ Spirit on the Seventy Elders” (Numbers 11:24-30) – Rev.J.Slopsema (First PRC, Grand Rapids, MI) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Know and Esteem Them Over You” (I Thess.5:12-13 ) – Rev.R.Van Overloop (Grace PRC, Standale, MI) – Jan.1, 2013
- “Esteeming the Elders” (I Thess.5:12-15) – Rev.R.Hanko (Lynden WA PRC) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Honoring Those in Office” (Titus 3:1-7; Heid.Cat., LD 39) – Rev.J.Laning (preached in Randolph WI PRC) – Jan.6, 2013
- “An Apostolic Exhortation to Elders” (Acts 20:28-31) – Rev.K.Koole (Grandville, MI PRC) – Jan.6, 2013
- “The Chief Qualification of Christ’s Officebearers” (John 21:15-17) – Rev.G.Eriks (Hudsonville, MI PRC) – Dec.30, 2012
- “Institution of the Diaconate” (Acts 6:1-6) – Rev.N.Decker (Trinity PRC, Hudsonville MI) – Jan.6, 2013
- “The Calling of the Deacons” (I Tim.5:3-8, 16) – Rev.C.Spronk (Peace PRC, Lansing, IL) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Thankful Giving” (Deut.26:12-15) – Rev.S.Key (Loveland, CO PRC) – Jan.6, 2013 (an important message on the calling of the members of the church toward the deacons)
- “David’s Mighty Three” (2 Samuel 23:8-17) – Rev.C.Griess (Calvary PRC, Hull, IA) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Perilous Times” (2 Tim.3:1-3) – Rev.N.Langerak (Crete PRC, IL) – Jan.6, 2013
- “The Rebellion of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram” (Numbers 16:1-3) – Rev.J.Marcus (1st PRC, Edmonton, AB) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Failure to Ask Counsel of the Lord” (Joshua 9:14) – Rev.B.Huizinga (Hope PRC, Redlands, CA) – Jan.6, 2013
- “Judging Not for Man but for God” (Deut.17:8-13; 2 Chron.19:6-7) – Rev.J.Laning (Hull, IA PRC) – Jan.1, 2013
- 2012 Elders Conference on Counseling: Prof. B.Gritters has now completed his seminar on the principles and practice of Biblical counseling designed for elders and prospective elders. The sessions were held at the Hudsonville PRC on Oct. 7, 14, 21, and Nov. 4, 2012. You may still profit from this seminar through the links given below.
- Session 1 (Oct.7): (Audio). “The Need for and the Ability of Others to Help the Pastor in Counseling”. YouTube videos: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3. (Outline).
- Session 2 (Oct.14): (Audio). “The Elements of a Good Counseling Session”. YouTube videos: Part 1 & Part 2. (Outline).
- Session 3 (Oct.21): (Audio).“Change in Counseling: The Primary (and Hopeful) Doctrine of Conversion.” YouTube videos: Part 1; Part 2. (Outline).
- Session 4 (Nov.4): (Audio). “Marriage: Problems and Prevention”. YouTube videos: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3. (Outline)
- Trinity PRC (Hudsonville, MI) has hosted officebearer seminars in the past. These materials may be found at the links below.
- Prof.H.Hanko’s Classes for Deacons (held Feb.-April 1987 at the PR Seminary) – mp3 files (includes class discussion); Layout/contents of sessions (pdf)
- Standard Bearer Articles on the Office of Elder
- Start with this encouraging article by Rev.B.Gritters for newly elected elders! “Beginning Our Work in Hope” (1999). And then read “Elders Who Know the Sheep” (2000)
- Rev.Doug Kuiper’s recent series (2011-12) in “Ministering to the Saints”:
- Prof.Robert Decker’s series in 1996-1999:
- General: “Called to Rule”; “Called to Rule the Officebearers”; “The Elders and the Care of the Congregation”; “The Elders and Censura Morum”; “Esteeming the Elders Very Highly for Their Works’ Sake”;
- The Gifts Necessary: Part 1a; Part 1b; Part 2
- The Elders and Discipline: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; “The Extreme Remedy” (excommunication); “The Reconciliation of Repentant Sinners”; “The Reconciliation of Excommunicated Sinners”; “The Discipline of Officebearers” – Part 1; Part 2
- Visiting the Sick: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3
- Other Special Labors: “The Elders and Family Visitation”; “Comforting the Bereaved”; “Caring for the Widows”;
- Prof. Herman Hanko’s series in 1978-79, “My Sheep Hear My Voice” – “Letter to Timothy”:
- #1 (Origin of the special offices in the NT church)
- #2 (The Office of Elder)
- #3 (Relation between special offices and the office of believer)
- #4 (More on the relation between special offices and the office of believer)
- #5 (On the calling of ministers to preach
- #6 (On the calling and qualification of elders)
- #7 (Elders and pastoral work)
- Mr.Edwin Gritters’ series in 1995:
- The Confessions and Church Order of the Protestant Reformed Churches (pdf), Revised & updated HC version published in 2005. $9.00 from the Seminary (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- The Church Order of the PRC (separate green binder with latest updates – 2010 edition)
- “Notes on the Church Order” (pdf) by Prof.H.Hanko. You may order the syllabus from the Seminary or find it online here (htm).
- The Church Order Commentary by I.VanDellen and M.Monsma; Zondervan, 1941 (This is the original edition based on the Church Order of the CRC once identical to ours, not the revised edition. This original edition is hard to find and can be expensive, but it is worth the price).
- Handbook for Elders and Deacons: the Nature and the Duties of the Offices According to the Principles of Reformed Church Polity by Wm.Heyns; Eerdmans, 1928 (long out of print but worth having – check your church library; Seminary library has it).
- Called to Serve: Essays for Elders and Deacons, ed. by Michael Brown; Reformed Fellowship, 2007. $15 from their website or Amazon.
- The Elder: Today’s Ministry Rooted in All of Scripture by Cornelius Van Dam; P&R, 2009.
- With a Shepherd’s Heart: Reclaiming the Pastoral Office of Elder by John R.Sittema; Reformed Fellowship, 1996. $15 from their website or Amazon.
- The Elders Handbook: A Practical Guide for Church Leaders by G.Berghoef and L.DeKoster; Christian’s Library Press, 2012.
- From House to House: Articles and Helps for Beginning Elders by W.Huizinga; The Reformed Guardian, 2004; #19 in Series. In Seminary Library.
- Taking Heed to the Flock: A Study of the Principles and Practice of Family Visitation by Peter Y.DeJong; Baker 1960; Wipf & Stock, 2003. (The chapters are also available online at the Orthodox Presbyterian Church “Ordained Servant” website, starting here – Preface and chap.1).
- The Glorious Work of Home Visits by Peter G. Feenstra; Premier, 2000 (another profitable book on family visition). In Seminary library.
- The Ministry of Mercy for Today by Peter Y. DeJong; Baker, 1961; Wipf & Stock, 2003. (This too is available in part on the OPC “Ordained Servant” website, starting here).
- Deacons Go Visiting! Studies on the Work of the Deacons by W.Huizinga & C.Van Dam; The Reformed Guardian, 2003; #16 in Series).
- The Visitor’s Book of Texts or The Word Brought Near to the Sick and Sorrowful by Andrew Bonar; Banner of Truth, 2010 (helpful book with suggested texts and thoughts for making visits to those in need).
- Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling by John G. Kruis; Baker, 2001 – 3rd ed. (handy resource for finding texts on all kinds of topics related to counseling)
- Pamphlets (available in print or online)
- “The Marks of the True Church” by Prof.H.C.Hoeksema
- “Public Worship and the Reformed Faith” by Prof.B.Gritters
- “Zeal for God’s House: The Motivation for Christian Discipline” by Prof.R.Cammenga
- “Church Membership in an Evil Age” by Rev.S.Key (Looks at the believer’s responsibility in light of the marks of the true church.)
- “Women in Church Office” by Prof.R.Cammenga (On why the Bible forbids women to hold office in the church.)
- “Dealing With Depression” by Dr.B.Decker, Prof.R.Decker, and Rev.J.Slopsema (based on a Seminar sponsored by Faith PRC in 2007)
- For additional pamphlets on a broad range of subjects visit out pamphlet page.
- PR Seminary Syllabi
- “Liturgics” by Herman Hoeksema (On our order of worship and liturgical forms)
- “Poimenics” by Prof.R.Decker, 1974 (On pastoral care – especially for pastors but also helpful for elders)
- “Public Prayer” by Prof.H.Hanko, 1992 (An Interim course he taught on public praying for pastors, but useful for all officebearers)
- “The Believer’s Manual for the Church Order” by Prof.H.Hanko (a condensed guide of Reformed church government for those in the office of believer)